Aphrodite's Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Where did everyone go?
CoP Mission 2-5 (Run by Azarall) EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 12:04 pm by Raiendel

» What other games do you play?
CoP Mission 2-5 (Run by Azarall) EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 12:46 pm by Toohotforu

» omg!
CoP Mission 2-5 (Run by Azarall) EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 12:45 pm by Toohotforu

» changed servers
CoP Mission 2-5 (Run by Azarall) EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:53 pm by Kaipa

» Lets learn a little more about everyone.
CoP Mission 2-5 (Run by Azarall) EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 10:33 pm by Kaindragoon

» Been away
CoP Mission 2-5 (Run by Azarall) EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:06 pm by Toohotforu

» Site problems
CoP Mission 2-5 (Run by Azarall) EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:39 pm by Skyver

» If you're still seeing ads
CoP Mission 2-5 (Run by Azarall) EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 8:04 pm by Skyver

» Testing
CoP Mission 2-5 (Run by Azarall) EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 4:20 pm by Skyver

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

CoP Mission 2-5 (Run by Azarall)

+4
Fullmetal
Evilmunkee
Elgon
azarall
8 posters

Go down

CoP Mission 2-5 (Run by Azarall) Empty CoP Mission 2-5 (Run by Azarall)

Post by azarall Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:49 pm

Because I'm getting bored of soloing on my {Impossible to Gauge!} {Samurai}, and because I've decided to work in order to make this LS prosper (and hopefully get me my sack) I've decided to run 2-5 since everyone else keeps forgetting to run it. The run will be help Tuesday between 5pm-7pm EST. If people log on early then we'll start sooner, so seriously, don't play shit within that time frame.

AZARALL (PLD/NIN)
EVILMUN (WAR/NIN)
FULLMET (WAR/NIN)
STARSKI (BLU/NIN)
ELGON (WHM/RDM)
??? (M.ATT)

I've done this strategy before. It's fail-safe as long as everyone isn't utterly retarded.
Everyone WILL bring food. Mages WILL bring Refresh Drinks. Melee WILL bring Regen Drinks. Everyone WILL bring a reraise item of some sort. Everyone WILL bring their own invis tools (All we'll need is invisible). Everyone WILL chip in for a hi-potion belt.

The strategy is simple and fail-safe. Everyone buffs and remains at BCNM circle. I, the PLD/NIN, runs out and hateless grabs all 3 Mameets. Keeping up shadows, spamming hipotions, and healing myself, I'll be able to hold 2 mameets without difficulty while the PT lays hell upon one mameet. Since I will be hateless aggroing, the mage can light me up like a glow in the dark fleshlight without pulling aggro off me. If we can manage to just kill ONE, even if we wipe, we'll reraise at the entrance once the mameets leave and will anal rape the last two.

Now remember, spear mode has a nasty AoE and hits hard but slow. Sword mode hits fast but weak and also has a nasty AoE. Mage mode has an ability to absorb MP, and another to absorb MP damage. Silencing the mob in this mode leaves it vulnerable like a young boy at Michael Jackson's neverland estate. Monk mode is average and all forms can use Transmorgification. As soon as you see this, STOP USING PHYSICAL DAMAGE ABILITIES. No joke, this is why we're bringing a mage.

I will not be running 2-3 and doing your cutscenes for 2-4. Make sure you have EVERYTHING done. The supplies for this run will probably cost each of you 15-20k. You have 4 days to farm. Get crackin'.

Much love~ Your totally NOT gay significant other
Azarall
azarall
azarall

Jobs Jobs : PLD/WAR

Back to top Go down

CoP Mission 2-5 (Run by Azarall) Empty Re: CoP Mission 2-5 (Run by Azarall)

Post by Elgon Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:19 pm

Elgon will not be able to make this COP 2-5 run

Will try for another time
Elgon
Elgon

Jobs Jobs : BLU or RDM

Back to top Go down

Post by azarall Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:37 pm

A quick note on this subject. The time will be moved to 9PM. Also, i believe everyone has NIN or a mage 40+. if this is so, we'll make the setup accordingly.
azarall
azarall

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilmunkee Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:06 am

i am so there and excited about this mission i feel like slapping some1's mama!! bounce Twisted Evil What a Face afro
Evilmunkee
Evilmunkee

Jobs Jobs : 75 war

Back to top Go down

Post by azarall Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:35 am

-slaps evil's mama- not if i get to it first!
azarall
azarall

Back to top Go down

Post by Fullmetal Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:52 am

I'll be there! Thanks for scheduling this Azarall!
Fullmetal
Fullmetal

Jobs Jobs : THF/NIN

http://juliocasal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azarall Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:31 am

We'll see what we have to work with. But no problem.
azarall
azarall

Back to top Go down

Post by Starski Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:07 am

If we have time, do all mind if we farm the Atomic Cluster on our way to do the boss fight? I want to try and get refueling...

This map describes the spawn location for the Atomic Cluster.
CoP Mission 2-5 (Run by Azarall) Rivernesitea01clusters
Starski
Starski

Jobs Jobs : BLU/NIN

Back to top Go down

Post by azarall Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:12 am

Sure, but it all depends what jobs we're going with. I'll let you know though
azarall
azarall

Back to top Go down

CoP Mission 2-5 (Run by Azarall) Empty My first post needs re-editing.

Post by azarall Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:16 am

We'll either be running with 3 tanks 3 mages or using my other strategy. I THINK we have enough tanks. You all need to give me ALL your jobs 40+. Also, the run is moved to 9PM EST since people have "lives" and want to pretend they have things to "do". We'll try to get our friend Starski refueling, but for no longer than 20 minutes. I'm leveling BLU myself star, we can always return there later and get it once my blu gets caught up.
azarall
azarall

Back to top Go down

Post by Starski Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:35 am

Ok that fine i didn't want to spend alot of time on it ... it just that refueling is one of the most sought after spells for BLU because of the Haste and because it is used in combination with other spells to create auto refresh.
Starski
Starski

Back to top Go down

Post by azarall Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:22 pm

I know what its for, but since everyone insists i run it so late, We wont have as much time as if i had run it at the time that was good for ME. Regardless though, we'll try.
azarall
azarall

Back to top Go down

Post by Toohotforu Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:22 am

how did it go?
Toohotforu
Toohotforu
Admin

Jobs Jobs : RDM/WHM or DNC/NIN

http://www.myspace.com/gentile21158

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiendel Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:05 am

A lack of replies leads me to believe it didn't...
Raiendel
Raiendel

Jobs Jobs : Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Starski Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:06 am

Toohotforu wrote:how did it go?

It didn't the people either showed late or didn't show.

Can someone give me the new time so i know when to be there.
Starski
Starski

Back to top Go down

Post by azarall Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:56 pm

People need to fuckin' show when they say they're going to. its not a matter of just one person missing. I can handle that. Its half the damn group doesnt show (and since i dont need it, its actually more than HALF the group that doesnt show that needs it).

You'd think with as much as people bitch for help on these missions they'd show. We set it at 9, they log on at 11. Im not gonna be up till 2AM running shit. I usually log for the night between 11:30-12:00. If you guys wanna run it anytime this weekend lemme know, we'll set up a run at a time that MAKES SENSE>
azarall
azarall

Back to top Go down

Post by Fullmetal Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:50 pm

I'll be available pretty much all Saturday, so let me know if you'd like to go for this run that day.
Fullmetal
Fullmetal

Jobs Jobs : THF/NIN

http://juliocasal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azarall Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:20 am

I have Dynamis-Bastok on Sunday, so either Sunday morning or ANYTIME today.
azarall
azarall

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiendel Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:24 am

You'd think with as much as people bitch for help on these missions they'd show. We set it at 9, they log on at 11. Im not gonna be up till 2AM running shit. I usually log for the night between 11:30-12:00. If you guys wanna run it anytime this weekend lemme know, we'll set up a run at a time that MAKES SENSE>

This is exactly what I said, and exactly why I don't usually help with CoP. When people are online, they will bitch, moan, cry, and be assholes to other members over the fact that they need their CoP done. At the mere MENTION of me having Sea like 6 people would say "I need Sea." But when the time comes for the gruntwork, and the schedule is made, people flake. And what annoys me more than the flaking, is the next time they come online, they're going to bitch, and moan, and cry, and be assholes to other members of the fact that they STILL need their CoP done, and will probably repost/comment stating their next day available, like you would actually want to fucking try to group with them again, and when they're the ones that don't have the decency to show up to a run that was scheduled based of their own free time.

So here's what you do.
Don't help them.

I did CoP alone. I used /shout groups from Promy's till the very last mission. I think I grouped with the same person maybe 3 times, but I did a constant onslaught of missions.

I would log on in Whitegate and begin shouts for members of the mission I was on. Bulletins of things to remember.
  1. Do your own gruntwork. I am not going to allow you to stay in my group to do "A few cutscenes" or what the fuck ever you could solo, but haven't because you're too Goddamn lazy. Do it on your free time when your seeking party, or instead of campaigning, or instead of soloing a job that's unimportant. God knows we all have free time in XI, use yours. I cannot tell you how many times I have invited someone to a CoP group only to have them say 5 minutes later, "I need to go get these cutscenes". I immediately kick those people, and they get irritated. "It's just Cutscene's, it'll only take 5 minutes". No, they're CoP cutscenes. Between Travel and the time of the actual cutscene(s) it will take about a half hour. Do it on your own time, not on mine.
  2. Know what the hell is going on. Wiki it. Youtube it. Read up before you start the Mission beforehand so you have the general information on what is going on. This includes having the right items, which includes Foods, Potions (HP and Poison, etc.), Gear, Battle Items (Yellow Liquid/Anima's/Whatever is Needed). Yeah, shit's expensive. But everyone in the group needs to be over prepared for CoP. Because if you aren't prepared enough, any items you do use are going to have been a complete waste of money, as you are going to lose. If you overstock, you can resell them after you Win the mission. If you understock, you can go farm more money for more of the same items to do the same mission yet again because you lost it not being prepared.
  3. Know where you're going. FFXI Atlas - You should have at least a general idea of where you're going. Unless you're the leader, you probably don't have to have it memorized (But the leader will probably have it open during the mission anyway.) but it's important that you know what the hell you're doing. One person not paying attention to the mission while it's happening can completely ruin it. Which brings me to my final point.
  4. Pay a-fucking-ttention. You wanna AFK during a party? Fine. You wanna AFK during Campaign/Besieged? More power to you! You wanna AFK (With or Without a word) during a mission while you're physically doing it? Fuck no. This is the most annoying fucking thing ever, in the creation of annoying things, especially when it's "Just for a second" without a notice, word or warning. Climbing up Promyion-Vhazl and a mob is aggroed on the 3rd floor, so there is a need to kill it, but the tank has gone AFK "Just a Second" on follow on the leading member. The group fights off the threat, but without a Tank, is going down fast. Suddenly, the person the Paladin is following (Without Notification) changes gear to Weapon Skill, unlocking the Paladin and sending him Auto-Running into a giant ass Zone of aggro. Everyone dies, the Paladin in between 3 IT mobs, and a NM. Welcome to you're fucked land, now you have to help the Paladin Reclimb floors 1-3 because his dumb ass went AFK during a fucking mission.

This is not ok, if you intend to win. And if there are members in the group griping about not winning when you don't, and they have done any or all of the above, then you need to tell them to shut the fuck up and go kill themselves, because they were a contributing factor to why this group failed.

I'm not being mean. I'm being honest. This is the truth. These are all things you should be perfectly aware of, and be able to easily execute if you're paying attention, and not a complete moron.

So, using the above information, make your own groups. Do it everytime you log on. Shout, get peeps, get the Downlow, get them ready, and do the fuckin' mission, one at a time. Finish your battles, get your cutscenes and such, and then start on the next one. Rinse, and repeat. I managed to go through my CoP from start to finish in about 3 weeks, while breaking to do Endgame. God knows, you can probably do it faster.
Raiendel
Raiendel

Back to top Go down

Post by azarall Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:53 am

I believe Rai's assholish words of wisdom (Which gave me a rigid hard-on mind you) should be posted somewhere regarding how we should run missions. Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna beat off to the prior post.
azarall
azarall

Back to top Go down

Post by Toohotforu Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:49 am

HAHAHA
Toohotforu
Toohotforu
Admin

Jobs Jobs : RDM/WHM or DNC/NIN

http://www.myspace.com/gentile21158

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiendel Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:09 pm

Shit's true, dude. Talk is cheap. If you actually want to do it, you will.
Raiendel
Raiendel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkcosmo Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:23 am

Raiendel,

That's very inspiring. Deep too. You gotta do things for yourself.

/clap
Darkcosmo
Darkcosmo

Jobs Jobs : RDM/WHM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down