Aphrodite's Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Where did everyone go?
Final Fantasy XIV Online EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 12:04 pm by Raiendel

» What other games do you play?
Final Fantasy XIV Online EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 12:46 pm by Toohotforu

» omg!
Final Fantasy XIV Online EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 12:45 pm by Toohotforu

» changed servers
Final Fantasy XIV Online EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:53 pm by Kaipa

» Lets learn a little more about everyone.
Final Fantasy XIV Online EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 10:33 pm by Kaindragoon

» Been away
Final Fantasy XIV Online EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:06 pm by Toohotforu

» Site problems
Final Fantasy XIV Online EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:39 pm by Skyver

» If you're still seeing ads
Final Fantasy XIV Online EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 8:04 pm by Skyver

» Testing
Final Fantasy XIV Online EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 4:20 pm by Skyver

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Final Fantasy XIV Online

+4
Darkcosmo
Emporerofangels
Raiendel
Skyver
8 posters

Go down

Final Fantasy XIV Online Empty Final Fantasy XIV Online

Post by Skyver Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:55 pm

Skyver
Skyver
Admin

Jobs Jobs : SAM/WAR

http://myspace.com/snakeb22

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XIV Online Empty Re: Final Fantasy XIV Online

Post by Raiendel Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:56 pm

Cinematics don't sell me.

I might try it, but the possibility of my staying long term is like 10%. SE doesn't respond to its users/customers for 1 MMO, what do you think is going to happen when there's 2? lol
Raiendel
Raiendel

Jobs Jobs : Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiendel Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:05 pm

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/

Official site
Raiendel
Raiendel

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyver Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:11 pm

I'm almost worried about playing it as soon as it comes out, as it'll most likely be 200x better two years after it's released XD
Skyver
Skyver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiendel Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:13 pm

That's so untrue. That's like saying FFXI was better 2 years after its release.

And it so wasn't.

The first couple years is what makes the game, and its community. Its what makes the feel of it, and the reputation of it. The funnest times I had was when FFXI was first released, no replacement for it.
Raiendel
Raiendel

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyver Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:16 pm

So it's obvious that FFXIV is a true sequel to FFXI...I bet it takes place on all those other areas not seen yet in FFXI : )
Skyver
Skyver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiendel Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:20 pm

I think that would make me more angry than excited if they're only doing it for that purpose.

I would like to think the codename "Rapture" has something to do with it. Example being these was a Rapture on the planet, and this is the world in its aftermath.

But then again, this could be completely unrelated from XI, and just be using the same Races.

In either case, there is nothing like being in an online community in its first days, it's epic. I'm sure it will be the same for 14
Raiendel
Raiendel

Back to top Go down

Post by Emporerofangels Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:55 pm

Honestly, I think I'll play it. I really don;t have much holding me to this game at all besides you guys. FFXI is old, there just wasn't an MMO out to top it, this one probably will. We'll see though it comes out in 2010, still a while to go. Anyone else thinking about going? It's always funner starting a MMO with people you know.

Emporerofangels

Jobs Jobs : LolThf

http://www.myspace.com/anthony422

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkcosmo Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:37 pm

I'll definitely check it out....

But I did notice at the end the PS logos....

Now...is it only for the PS3??

Other than that...I think I need to see some more trailers or at least better one highlighting the game play. It didn't really take me in as I thought the title of FFXIV would.... =./
Darkcosmo
Darkcosmo

Jobs Jobs : RDM/WHM

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkcosmo Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:47 pm

Nevermind...I answered my own question.....

Checked the website.
Darkcosmo
Darkcosmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaindragoon Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:21 pm

/sigh

im sad... i dont like mmos... WHY do they have to make another ffmmo... ; ;

Kaindragoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Starski Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:53 am

Darkcosmo wrote:I'll definitely check it out....

But I did notice at the end the PS logos....

Now...is it only for the PS3??

Other than that...I think I need to see some more trailers or at least better one highlighting the game play. It didn't really take me in as I thought the title of FFXIV would.... =./

If you watch the video all the way to the end he says its on "...all three platforms..."
Starski
Starski

Jobs Jobs : BLU/NIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiendel Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:08 pm

E3 Interview Q&A about FFXIV

Q: No question was recorded for this, but I'm assuming it was in regards to which platforms would FFXIV come out in ~Exo

A:FFXIV will be coming to the PS3 & PC. They are currently considering other hardware (including Microsoft hardware!)

Q: What are the ties to Final Fantasy XI, if any?

A: While you may have noticed that some of the same type of races appeared in the trailer, the world of FFXIV is different from FFXI. The reason that we made the races similar to the FFXI races is so FFXI players could choose a similar type of race in the new game. For example, in movies, you might have an actor that plays many different roles. Please, think of it that way.

Q: What happens to Final Fantasy XI now that we're moving to FFXIV? Are you going to phase it out or continue to publish new content for XI? How will the development team be split?

A: XIV does not take place in Vana'deil. The development for FFXIV started 4 or 5 years ago with primary ideas. Development started a few years ago, while FFXI was still being supported. FFXI will continue to be supported. There is another year of content planned. There are no plans for the near future to stop development on FFXI.

Q: What influence have games like World of WarCraft have on the development of FFXIV?

A: As with WoW, we want to aim a bit for the casual user. However, we don't want to make a copy of WoW. We believe we will have things that are unique and will stand out from that game.

Q: Will combat be more action oriented or turn-based?

A: We cannot talk about the battle system at this time.

Q: FFXI has evolved a lot over the years, especially in the areas of player accessibility and the ability to solo. Will you carry over features like level sync and other features to FFXIV?

A: Yes. All of the knowledge and experience we gained from FFXI will be used in the development of FFXIV. At the launch, we intend to have content for solo players as well as large-scale battles. We want a wide-variety from the start.

Q: Are you planning a simultaneous worldwide release or will it be released in Japan first?

A: Yes. At the launch, this will be a worldwide simultaneous launch on PS3 and Windows PC. English, Japanese, German, and French versions released at launch.

Q: Will all servers be worldwide or split by territory?

A: The current plans are to have worldwide servers that are cross-platform and cross-region. We will do a beta test and look at the balance and player experience. We want to look for a good balance between region and cross-region play.

Q: Will you be taking feedback from your FFXI users?

A: Yes, we still get a lot of feedback from our FFXI players and will continue to take feedback as we move into beta. The game will change as it goes.

Q: Will you try to move players from XI to XIV or will they be separate communities?

A: It's up to the community themselves. We envision users that will hopefully play XI one day and XIV another. They will be independent, but users are free to play both.

Q: Are there plans to localize the game in Spanish?

A: Currently, there is no Spanish version in development. We'll consider it if enough Spanish-speaking users demand it from us. Getting good translators in Japan is hard, but if there's enough demand we will consider it.

Q: How can users transmit this demand?

A: We will conduct marketing research.

Q: Is there any special element in the MMO genre that you will improve with this game?

A: Our plan from the beginning was to make the best Final Fantasy game available. That is our vision for XIV. Then we thought, how can we make the best FF game and we came to the conclusion that it would be an MMORPG. It was decided to make the best FF first, then led to the decision to make it an MMORG and use that genre. However, we are trying to implement a lot of new systems that other MMO's haven't used in the past.

Q: Why did you decide to make a new game rather than continue to evolve FFXI?

A: It all comes down to, originally, FFXI was designed for the PS2. It then moved to PC and Xbox 360. A lot of people have asked for a port to the PS3. With an MMORPG of this size, you have to develop new content. Porting to a new technology would take a lot of effort. Instead, we decided to use that time to make something new.

Q: Yesterday's trailer that was shown, was that running of a console or was it pre-rendered?

A: There were parts that were pre-rendered and parts that were running on the in-game engine.

Q: Is that the quality you're aiming for? The scene with the Galka fighting, is that what you're aiming for?

A: Yes, that is the part that was running in-engine.

Q: In that scene, we saw many parties and many enemies. Is this the new focus: many parties fighting many enemies?

A: I cannot say too much, but we hope to have battles that are many vs. many and many vs. one.

Q: What would you like to emphasize with this game? What is different from FFXI?

A: For FFXIV, the keyword that we've been using is "The Growth and Development of the Character." We will have the same type of storytelling and high-quality graphics. We also want to expand and create new in-game systems. The player can grow & develop in a more natural way without putting too much weight on the player. We will expand the job system to make it fairly different from the one in FFXI. Another very important concept that takes a different direction from FFXI, for FFXIV we want to make it so the player can choose to play solo, in a party, 40 minutes, all-day... there will be content for ALL of those play styles and systems for all of those play styles.

Q: On the beta process, will current XI players get in?

A: As with the actual release date of the game, we don't have a concrete beta schedule yet. We will have a beta and look forward to more information about then shortly.

Q: Will FFXI characters be portable to XIV in any way?

A: The game is completely different. There will not be any XI character transfers to XIV. However, the character design is familiar and XI players will be able to create a similar character. We will NOT be using PlayOnline, but friend lists will transfer over.

Q: If I'm new to the MMO genre, why would I choose FFXIV over other games?

A: We believe that players will fall in love with the world & story that we have created.

Q: I've been seeing information that the title is free to play, is this true?

A: No pricing has been decided at this time. It is still TBD.
Raiendel
Raiendel

Back to top Go down

Post by Emporerofangels Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:41 pm

Honestly the more I think about this game the more I want to play it.

Emporerofangels

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilmunkee Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:10 pm

Emporerofangels wrote:Honestly, I think I'll play it. I really don;t have much holding me to this game at all besides you guys. FFXI is old, there just wasn't an MMO out to top it, this one probably will. We'll see though it comes out in 2010, still a while to go. Anyone else thinking about going? It's always funner starting a MMO with people you know.

yea i agree with emp. im sure ill get it n play it too and would to start playing it with people i know so im hoping i get to see some of you guys in that game so we can continue our fun and exciting ls!! Very Happy pirat
Evilmunkee
Evilmunkee

Jobs Jobs : 75 war

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkcosmo Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:00 pm

After reading the Q&A... it doesn't sound so bad.

Still worth reading the reviews from other sites. But...I'm in. HEHE.
Darkcosmo
Darkcosmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Emporerofangels Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:52 pm

Ive seen ls's cross servers together, would be bad ass if this one crossed an entire game lol

Emporerofangels

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiendel Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:56 pm

SE was so excited from Q&A... they decided to do some more.

The floodgates have opened. With Tuesday's unveiling of Square Enix's new title, previously known only as Project Rapture, everyone is now scrambling for Final Fantasy XIV information. All eyes and ears were on Hiromichi Tanaka and company as they answered a few questions at the private Square Enix press conference at E3 on Wednesday.

Afterwards, they went behind closed doors and thought, "Hey, answering 10 questions was kind of fun, why not answer 20-30 more?"

Sources: GameWatch, 4Gamer, Famitsu

Right off the bat, Tanaka confirms that is was the plan all along to make "Rapture" into the latest numbered installment in the Final Fantasy series. However, he jokes that they were not sure if Square Enix would have already made it to 14 during the four years they spent in development, forcing them to go with Final Fantasy XV Online. Also, just as they did with XI, they wanted to show players that they had full confidence in the game being worthy of the Final Fantasy name - a feeling that may not have been conveyed by using "FF World" or "FF Online."

Eorzea will differ from Vana'diel in a number of ways. First, Eorzea is but a region within the full world of Final Fantasy XIV, which will be named ハイデリン (ha-i-de-ri-n). This land will be blessed with high technology, but not to the point of more sci-fi themed worlds found in Final Fantasy XIII or Final Fantasy X. This new MMO will stay true to the fantasy-style roots of the series, while setting itself apart as a completely different world than Vana'diel.

As we have seen in the trailer, all the races from Final Fantasy XI appear to be present and accounted for. Tanaka comments that this was done in order to add an air of familiarity to the game, so the Final Fantasy XI community would be comfortable transferring over and trying it out. However, while they look similar on the surface, they will be given somewhat of a makeover, which Tanaka says will include new names for the races. Many noticed the Galka-looking character in the trailer was missing a tail. Little changes like that will further define the races in Final Fantasy XIV. TaruTaru and Mithra fans can also rest easy knowing that similar models will be waiting for them in Eorzea.

The developers attribute the long-lasting success of Final Fantasy XI to the Job System, and plan to learn from it and greatly expand off the concept. They want to end up with something completely different, one that maintains this lasting appeal for the player. Instead of leveling up with experience points, weapons will play a key role in how a character grows and develops. When the interviewer asks if series mainstays like Warrior or Paladin will appear, the developers simply hint that nothing will be exactly the same as we know it. No more grinding XP for levels - they have something new in store.

So what is going to drive people to buy Final Fantasy XIV? The developers claim that Final Fantasy XIV is all about "growth." They laugh as they admit that "growth" in Final Fantasy XI would often amount to an endless cycle of shoot-pull-kill, shoot-pull-kill. The new MMO will focus on the variety and accessibility of methods to grow one's character. This includes an emphasis on attracting people who are not as familiar with online games with a smooth progression of content. Core fans can also count on there being plenty of story-driven content and cut scenes to enjoy. Everyone will be able to freely choose how and when they want to play, regardless of style or schedule.

Players looking for action can start sharpening their blades in anticipation for a battle system that takes a marked departure from Final Fantasy XI. In order to make the battles interesting and have lasting appeal, there will be a number of strategical elements added to encounters. They imply there will be a learning curve of sorts - beginners can expect simpler fights as they get the hang of things, while hardcore players looking to test their mettle can find serious battles that require much more cunning. It will not be realtime, action style encounters, but rather a number of more cerebral aspects.

Career loners will be happy to know solo play is getting a lot more attention this time around. However, the developers are still going to have a lot for parties to do. The core concept is growth through one's natural, everyday activities. Perhaps you solo a lot of quests, maybe you meet some people and band together against evil. it's all about enjoying the game in your own way, and developing as you see fit. Here, Tanaka chimes in to express his preference for balanced parties, as opposed to everyone meleeing at once. When designing the party system, he made sure it would facilitate more strategic setups, where everyone can play their respective role.

As for enemies, there will be instances where you face one at a time and others where you take on a bunch, but nothing more could really be said, as it has not been fully fleshed out at this time. Tanaka admitted the Battle System as a whole has not yet been perfected because that is something beta testers will need to take a crack at. The interviewer also brought up PKing and PvP, to which the developers responded they were considering options for the latter. They explain that while the game will involve cooperation, this does not necessarily always mean party vs. monster. Still, they say PvP will more likely take a shape similar to Final Fantasy XI, and they seem to shy away from allowing players to simply fight and kill each other anywhere, worrying it could lead to monopolization of content.

In response to praise regarding the quality of the trailer, the developers admit there was a lot of work put in to making an epic presentation, and are unable to comment on how exactly everything will be utilized in the game world itself (such as those flying totem poles). As the trailer implied, the atmosphere of the game will mix high-tech and fantasy elements. Unfortunately, speculation about the giant sea serpent's identity (Leviathan, perhaps?) was met with no comment.

Sure to please Chocobo fans, players can expect those speedy, yellow birds to appear in Eorzea. The developers relate how the audience erupted in excitement the second they appeared during SCEA's presentation. Apparently, everyone had been a little confused up until then, but once a Chocobo graced the screen, everyone knew they were in for another Final Fantasy title. In this way, Chocobos are practically inseparable from the series and need to be included. However, just like the races, they will be looking to develop a new incarnation of Chocobos unique to this title. Unfortunately, it is causing them a bit of worry regarding how exactly to do this.

Originally, thought to be a PS3 exclusive, Final Fantasy XIV will in fact be making an appearance on the PC. The developers delve into this a bit, mentioning Crystal Tools, a development platform that will also be used for Final Fantasy XIII and is designed to allow them to port more smoothly to multiple systems. In regards to the PC version, the game will utilize the most current version of Direct X that is out when beta testing begins. This goes for Operating System as well. Similarly, they do not specify Vista or Windows 7 as an operating system, saying again that it will depend on what is out at the time. For those of you looking to prep a new PC, Tanaka claims they are really looking to get on the cutting edge of technology with this installment. Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

To compose the musical side of Eorzea, Uematsu was tapped for his extensive work in the Final Fantasy series. Tanaka was a little nervous that Uematsu's busy schedule would not allow for him to bless the world of Final Fantasy XIV with his compositions, but luckily he was happy to oblige. Although there were a few snags, being as this is an online game, they are researching the most effective way to deliver Uematsu's work in full 5.1 channel surround sound.

Final Fantasy XIV will have a number of Worlds/Servers, and they are aiming for a capacity of 5,000-6,000 simultaneous connections. The exact amount of Worlds has not yet been decided, but they have plans to add more Worlds as user demand increases. The most they can say is that they will work hard to exceed the amount of Worlds contained within Final Fantasy XI! When asked whether they plan to have as many as 30 Worlds upon launch, Tanaka states that he does not believe that many will be required so soon. Final Fantasy XI started with 16, but it grew gradually with a Windows release, NA release and EU release, so it will at least be more than that it is assumed.

If you were diligent in acquiring your Mog Satchel, those Square Enix IDs and Security Tokens we set up are going to come in handy. As Square Enix revealed yesterday in a response to a series of questions from ZAM, the Security Tokens will be used to secure Final Fantasy XIV accounts and PlayOnline will not be used as a portal for accessing the game. Tanaka further explains that exclusively using the Square Enix ID also allows them to be more flexible with the payment plan. He expresses interest in switching from a monthly plan to one that charges in 30-day increments. As for being able to purchase in-game items with real money, the developers indicate they are not considering the option at this time.

Some may find it ironic that Rapture was first announced four years ago at an E3 Microsoft press conference, yet is now touted as a PS3 console-exclusive title. However, the interest appears to be there for an Xbox360 port, but Tanaka laments that they just have not been able to reach a full compromise with Microsoft yet. Talks will continue, but there is no more comment on whatever progress may have taken place.

One concern certainly being voiced across many forums is the fate of Final Fantasy XI in the face of this new release. Well, rest assured that Vana'diel will persist well after the release of Final Fantasy XIV. Tanaka admits that while players can play both games simultaneously, it could be quite taxing on one's free time. However, he reiterates that the focus for XIV is having a variety of content that allows you to spend your time how you want and still progress. In the end, it is up to the player if they want to remain in XI, try out XIV, or maintain a presence in both games. Users are encouraged to explore the full freedom both games offer.

Besides the visual similarities between the characters you create, there will be no solid connection between Final Fantasy XI and Final Fantasy XIV. There will also be no character transfers, but they are investigating a way in which you can carry your preferred name over from XI. The developers stress that they want to maximize the comfort for community members transferring from one game to the other. Character transfers would take people out of XI, when the goal is to encourage freedom of play, rather than bunch everyone into one game or the other. The ideal would be enabling you to play with your friends in either XI or XIV as you so choose. Tanaka even states there was an initial plan to add a new door to the Mog House that would exit into Eorzea, much like a portal to a new dimension. However, the technical hurdles involved in accomplishing such a feat were too much to overcome. Some things they can do, however, include transferring over Linkshells or Friend Lists to Final Fantasy XIV. Still, none of this is set in stone yet.

Jumping back to Final Fantasy XI for a bit, we are able to shed a little light of hope for the devout denizens of Vana'diel. We know updates are planned out for the next year, but will development cease after that? When pressed on this issue, Tanaka gives a reassuring "no" to the idea the development would cease, and says that updates will continue as long as there are users to support. The Final Fantasy XI team has already been multi-tasking on Final Fantasy XIV for several years now, so there is no reason to think they will suddenly drop the game now. Players are encouraged to look forward to more updates, including the next add-on scenario, A Moogle Kupo d'Etat.

Final Fantasy XIV will also have a strong story backing up the gameplay. Like Final Fantasy XI, the story will be epic in scale, having the feel of a single-player title. Rich, full cut scenes will also become a staple of this title. When asked whether the game will feature voice acting for NPCs, the developers simply gave a nod and a wink and asked that we all "wait and see." Crystals will also be back with a role in the story, but again, players should expect to see them take a unique form this time around.

In the end, Final Fantasy XIV is all about taking the latest hardware and cutting-edge technology and developing a unique experience that really delivers for all types of players. Long time fans of the series can look forward to a truly amazing world in which they can immerse themselves, while faithful players of Final Fantasy XI have unexplored lands to tame alongside those whom with they have forged lasting friendships throughout their time in Vana'diel. However, Final Fantasy XI will be here to stay, and Square Enix made sure to convey the idea that the users who brought them this far will not be abandoned.

Doubled Source: Allakazam
Raiendel
Raiendel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkcosmo Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:43 pm

....Now I want to play this more....

I'm guessing it's gonna go for $49.99?? Unless some collector's edition comes out.
Darkcosmo
Darkcosmo

Back to top Go down

Post by islashu Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:58 am

I am so going to play they said they can bring over linkshells would be badass if they could if we had the ls on both games in case people want to switch between the 2 i know i will be doing that.
islashu
islashu

Jobs Jobs : Mnk/WAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum